Vacation should be a time for people to unwind and relax from their day-to-day responsibilities of work or school. Yet, the hassle of planning a vacation can be taxing. Before your trip can begin you have to complete a laundry list of things like book airfare, figure out hotel accommodations, and plan out an itinerary. If you just need to get away from it all without breaking the bank or unnecessary stress, consider a staycation instead. Whether it’s a longer at-home vacation or a personal day to spend with yourself, there are many creative ways to do some self-care during your staycation. Here are 5 staycation ideas for you to try.
- Plan a spa day – Trade in a spa vacation for something more budget-friendly. Shop for a few face masks, mani-pedi supplies, and invite a friend over for a DIY spa day. Set the mood with candles and soothing music in the background and let all the stress melt away.
- Have a game night – Pull out your favorite board games for a night of fun! Bring together friends or family for some friendly competition, where you can spend time interacting with one another face-to-face.
- Enjoy a movie marathon – Make a giant bowl of popcorn and set up the living room as your own at-home theatre. Spend the entire day watching your favorite movie series that you haven’t seen in years or stream the films you didn’t get a chance to see in theaters.
- Host a dinner party – Invite friends over that you haven’t seen in a while for an evening of delicious food and fun. Spend the day preparing a menu of recipes you’ve been dying to try but haven’t gotten around to making. Impress your guests and pick a cuisine or culture that comes with a multi-course menu. Get creative and set up special decorations with tasty beverages that will make for one great dinner party.
- Explore your hometown – Play tourist for a day and get out to see the newest exhibits at your favorite gallery or see local attractions you would only visit with guests visiting from out of town. Rediscover the best parts of your hometown and get a renewed sense of the place you call home.
No matter what you decide to do for your staycation, there are many creative ways you can take time away from the stress of work or school. Take care of yourself and your family by spending a little downtime that doesn’t require you to spend too much money. For more resources, check out the Robitussin® Cold & Cough Center where you can learn about cold and flu symptoms, proper dosing for children, and more.